A Writer's Journey through the Maze of Life

Saturday, February 4, 2012




FEBRUARY FOOLISHNESS

My, my, how time flies. I cannot believe we are into February already. Time has moved so quickly, I've missed three important poetry contests. Sigh. Valentine's is around the corner and a Feb. 24th wedding anniversary. I actually had to look up the date. Why? When we got married, I remember saying, "If we marry the last day of February, it should be easy to remember." And I believe we DID marry the 28th, however the pastor left the marriage license on his desk for over a week. ( I think we picked it up March 8th and for years we celebrated our anniversary on that date.) When questioned about it, he said, "I'll just back date it, so it is still legal and you won't have to apply for another license." So after all these 27 years we still laugh whenever someone asks, "When is your anniversary?" We're really not sure. Guess that just proves it doesn't matter what the date is as long as you love one another.

5 comments:

D'Ann said...

Awesome!
I've been married 29 yrs this summer, and I can never remember if my anny is on the 18th or 19th. We had the church reserved for one day, but had to reschedule.

Palooski65 said...

Weeell, I don't have trouble remembering the day my husband and I got married but, after 50 years, I have trouble remembering the year. :-)

CJ Clark said...

Glad to see I'm not the only one. And I'm sure we'll go on celebrating it anywhere's from the 24th to Mar. 8th. LOL

Anonymous said...

I got married on New Year's Eve so he wouldn't have trouble remembering and then we got divorced eleven years later. I will say, I do now have trouble remembering how old I am, but maybe that's because I don't want to remember! :)

CJ Clark said...

Hahaha, Tami. You'd be amazed at how much you forget or WANT to forget as you get older. Most of the time I can't tell you my age and often I've had a complete blockage of my phone number.