A Writer's Journey through the Maze of Life

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

VALENTINE'S DAY

ROSES ARE RED, VIOLETS ARE BLUE . . .

A  red rose says "I love you"
A white rose says "I'm worthy of you"
A pink rose says "I'm appreciative"
A yellow rose "I care"
A coral rose "I desire you"

Did you hear on FOX News this a.m. the average man spends $150 on his Valentine? Where is THAT man? One of my fantasies has been to have an entire roomful of flowers. For that price maybe I could get a bouquet and spread them around the room.

However, I settled for a single yellow rose. Why? Don't I think I'm worth more? Definitely.  But after you've been married as many years as I have, red roses just seem trite.Even bouquets seem like overkill. It wasn't that hubby wasn't willing. He did offer  to get me a mixed flower bouquet, but sometimes a single rose says more.
When he heard what the average man spends he told me he thought he ought to do better. But frankly, I'm happy with my one yellow rose.


1 comment:

Palooski65 said...

It's the thought that counts. A single rose or a diamond--they weigh equally when given with love.