A Writer's Journey through the Maze of Life

Saturday, August 25, 2012

KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid)

See this?  While this is not my house it looks similar. Now before you think, wow she must really be a bad housekeeper, let me say my house does not look this way by choice.

Hubby is a collector. So when we moved out of two homes to this one, he insisted everything come with us. The poor moving van almost had a stroke trying to handle it all. When we arrived and unloaded, several things were damaged. And while claims were being made and settled, everything just sat in boxes. Furnishings were here, there and everywhere. I felt like I was living in a warehouse.We could not settle in. My visions of a lovely ranch house faded.

But I was optimistic. When the claim was settled, I set to work and soon found we had too much stuff, not enough house. That was over 12 years ago. Since then, more has been collected. And sad to say, not a dent has been made in parting with things. See, my theory is, if it hasn't been used, worn, played with, viewed, etc. for over two years, it's time to part ways. Hubby's theory is: We may need that someday. So the accumulation grows. And after 14 years, I am still living in a warehouse!

Any suggestions how to turn this around?

No comments: