A Writer's Journey through the Maze of Life

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

KISSING FISH?

The challenge was to write about 10 things I've never done. I could probably come up with many more than that. But here goes:
  1. I've never smoked a joint. I have no interest in drugs and I'm uncomfortable with a bad headache or the dizziness that comes with a sinus infection. Why would I want to use something that could make me hallucinate? Besides, I love life; I don't need to alter my existence.
  2. I've never eaten oysters or sushi. I've tried alligator, buffalo, octupus, squid, tripe, bear, antelope, and Rocky Mtn. oysters (testicles). Some are good, some I'll pass on. But anything raw turns me off. And oysters? Well, they remind me of the snot from a little runny nosed kid. No thanks!
  3. I've never been bungy jumping. This is something that looks like fun or at least it did until a few people had the misfortune for the rope to break. I can't see myself doing this (especially at my age), however, I am up for hot air balloon ride.
  4. I've never ridden the mechanical bull. Although it appeals to me, I'm sure with my bad back, I'd never walk again.
  5. I've never learned to drive a stick shift.
  6. I've never been to Europe.
  7. I've never "mooned".  I'm pretty straight, prim, and proper. Hey, it's called manners!
  8. I've never hiked the back-country. Heck, I've never hiked period. But I'd like to.
  9. I've never been on television. Oprah, are you reading this? Hello? Hello?

  10. I've never kissed a fish. Now some of you may find this funny, but when living in Wyoming, the neighbor man taught all his children to kiss the fish they caught. I like fishing, but kissing the fish, that's right up there with #2.
What 10 things have you never done?

No comments: